Adept Internet is currently seeking an enthusiastic software developer to join our brilliant and energetic team at our Stellenbosch offices.
In our environment, a software developer’s primary responsibility is to develop, enhance and maintain software systems for company or customer use. Secondary responsibilities are skills transfer to colleagues, investigating new development technologies and methodologies, and achieving personal development goals.
- Analysing requirements, contracting development with stakeholders, implementing and documenting software systems
- Assessing feature requests and bug fixes in terms of criticality
- Contracting development with stake holders, and providing work-arounds
- Implementing and documenting new features and bug fixes
- Teaching and helping other members of the development team to raise their output and that of the team
- Researching new technologies and staying current with development philosophies, applications, libraries, languages and directions in software development
These requirements are considered core to the job you will be asked to do, and as such it is unlikely you would be considered for the post if you do not meet these criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or Software Engineering as major, or relevant related qualification
- Problem analysis and ability to design software solutions to solve them
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language and extensive exposure to other languages
- Strong understanding of software architecture and development methodologies
- Ability to learn quickly and work unattended towards goal achievement
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
While not absolutely needed to perform the expected tasks, these qualities would give you a substantial advantage in your role.
- Additional related qualifications
- Proficiency in Java or Scala programming
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with Web development
- Staying abreast of new technological developments that could improve the way of doing business
- Strong follower and promoter of company values
Adept will offer a market-related remuneration, where skills and experience will be taken into account.
Our Company Values
These are the values we work and live by, every moment of every day. Think you can do the same? There could be a home for you at Adept!
Our best and most memorable moments are people-based. We use the time given to us to build real relationships with our personnel as well as our clients. We see our staff grow, achieve, start families and prosper. We see our clients move from strength to strength. These personal interactions form the greatest memories and successes of all!
Growth & Innovation
Whether it’s regarding empowerment of our people or yours, we will train and let individuals take responsibility. We feel that innovators should be ingrained in growth processes from the start. This approach gives us more ideas, wider knowledge and greater possibilities!
We’re goal-driven and precision-orientated! To encourage our best, we offer our staff rewards and constant support. Coupled with rapid decision-making and constant skills transfer, this translates into service that we can be proud of!