End-User and Subscriber Service Charter (EUSSC) amendment regulations
The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has put in place a number of new regulations governing the use of data, specifically out-of-bundle usage and the rollover of unused data.
As one of the regulatory bodies within our industry, ICASA’s new regulations apply to Adept’s network as well. We have implemented changes to ensure we remain compliant with the new regulations, and would like all our clients to note these changes and how they may affect you.
What does this mean?
- These regulations come into effect as from the 1st of March 2019
- It’s business as usual! All your services carry on running as normal
- There will be no automatic application of out-of-bundle rates or applicable charges without a proactive opt-in by users
- All add-on packages for capped services are manually requested by clients, so you needn’t worry about unforeseen costs
- You will receive notifications regarding depletion of your data once you hit a certain usage percentage. Notifications for both top-up and data package amounts will be sent out to you via SMS at 50, 80 and 100% of your cap usage
- Examples of what notifications would look like:
A main bundle for account firstname.lastname@example.org is 80% used. The total data remaining for the account is 10GB.
A topup for account email@example.com is 50% used. The total data remaining for the account is 5GB.
- Data usage SMS notifications (for up to two numbers) require clients to opt in via the Adept service panel at https://adept.servicepanel.co.za
- Unused data will be rolled over to the following month and used first, before the new month’s allocated data is used
- Please don’t hesitate to contact our Client Services team if you have any queries about the new data regulations.